World Class Targets
The Douglas County School District knows that being a highly effective teacher is often connected to the work done before the school day begins.
There are practices that can help ensure that the lessons provided in the classroom are of the highest quality, including our twelve World-Class Targets, which will help determine whether a teacher will receive an additional bonus.
The 12 World Class Targets are:
DCSD transforms traditional instructional planning through the continuous improvement of Backwards Design units and World Class Outcomes.
Inclusion, application and support of 21st century skills in the learning environment. These are the skills, understandings and expertise students must master to succeed in work and life; it is a blend of content knowledge, specific skills, expertise and literacies.
- Global Awareness
- Creativity- Trying new approaches to get things done equals innovation and invention.
- Financial Literacy Ethics
- Communication- Sharing thoughts, questions, ideas and solutions
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking- Looking at problem in a new way, linking learning across subjects and disciplines.
- Civic Responsibility
- Systems Thinking
- Collaboration- Working together to reach a goal – putting talent, expertise and smarts to work.
- Social Responsibility
- Become self-aware by directly teaching and practicing self-advocacy skills
- Student driven learning explores career/professional pathways
- Advocate with educatoinal support team for all students to feel safe and supported academically, socially, and emotionally
- Maximize opportunities to explore and achieve their full potential
a) includes multiple criteria that clearly aligns to expected outcomes
b) emulates meaningful real-world context
c) is cognitively complex
d) requires student-structured demonstration of knowledge and skill
e) produces direct evidence of the degree of student mastery
Douglas County Employees interested in pursuing World Class Targets, follow this link to the general information page.
Some of Douglas County School District’s most amazing teachers are being honored for the daily effort and skill they put in to creating a World-Class education for their students.
100 teachers help to build World-Class Targets