Principal Puga Welcome Letter
On behalf of the staff at Ponderosa High School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2014-15 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our students need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. Our Volunteer Coordinator, Jennie Streightiff could use your help with many activities:
- School-wide events
- Student recognition events
- Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. Please ensure that your student review the DCSD Code of Conduct so he/she is aware of the the expectations of a student within the Douglas County School District. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me.
The wonderful Mustang staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to a successful year!