The Communications office represents Douglas County School District, providing clear, efficient, and effective communications to our employees, families, and community. We provide direction, strategy, and production for messaging, marketing, media, web, and creative design needs.
We're here to help tell the stories of DCSD.
DCSD welcomes civil discussion and feedback from stakeholders. We consider you, our students, parents, employees and community members to be a valuable part of the partnership to provide our students the best education possible.
There are many ways you can address concerns, get answers and provide praise. Generally we encourage people to begin with the school or department closest to the issue. We provide contact information on each department and school website.
Resources & Templates
DCSD Visual Identity Guidelines (coming soon!)
Minuteman Press of Castle Rock and Staples are DCSD's approved printing vendors. Both vendors already have DCSD business card artwork and offer a simplified ordering process.
Build-Your-Own Flyers and Posters in Canva
Canva is an online design tool that allows departments and schools to create professional looking collateral. It has a drag-and-drop interface and is ideal for small projects that require a quick turnaround. The Communications Creative Team has designed flyer and poster templates for department/school use. Please contact jan.regan[at]dcsdk12[dot]org if you wish to use this tool.
If you are an employee at a DCSD school or department and have a graphic design project request, please complete our project request form.
Share your good news or event!
We know that there are great things going on in our schools every day. Help us to celebrate the achievements of our students, teachers, and staff to parents and the Douglas County community!
The kinds of school stories and events we cover: When determining news coverage, we seek out interesting or unique stories that would appeal to the broader Douglas County community, such as:
- Events or activities that highlight your school's academic excellence
- Activities that show a diversity of education and excellence (authentic learning, STEM, outdoor learning, expeditionary learning, etc.)
- Individual student, teacher, or staff member achievements
- School/Student fundraising achievements for third-party nonprofit causes
- Annual school traditions
- Promotion in the DCSD Events Guide for high school plays and musicals
- Profiles of teachers and principals
- District, state, regional and national level competitions and championships
- Multiple schools collaborating within DCSD on a project or activity
Depending on the story or event, we may provide coverage via social media, a written article, photo coverage and/or video coverage. For event promotion, we typically include school events in our monthly DCSD Event Guide.
The kinds of school stories and events we do not cover:
- School fundraisers such as Fun-Runs
- School-level competitions
- Promotion of elementary and middle school plays and musicals
- Event video recording or Livestreaming for non-news coverage purposes